We publish community generated content on Salty.
We believe that your voice there is immense power in story telling, and in passing the mic to women, trans and nonbinary people to tell their own stories in their own voices. So, we are building this platform for you to share your stories through!
As our first step towards becoming a publishing platform, Salty has developed a partially automated submission and publishing system that will allow us to share many of your stories each month. To share your story, submit your pitch via the form below, and follow the prompts via email.
We are unable to pay for submissions, and 100% understand if that is a dealbreaker. If not, read on! We can offer you a platform to share your story. Salty content is viewed on average, two million times each month and goes out to 50,000 inboxes.
What We Love to See:
- At this time, Salty publishes stories centered around dating, relationships, wellness, mental health, fertility, finance, sobriety, self care, parenthood and living online.
- Pitches should draw from your lived experience and identity, and share your unique perspective, especially if it’s one that’s not heard often.
- Clear, concise pitches explaining your thought-out idea are more likely to be approved. Please limit your pitch to one paragraph.
- We really love sharing useful tips and advice. Being published on Salty is an opportunity to help and inspire others by sharing your triumphs and lessons learned.
- Remember: Salty is a not a media outlet, so we don’t have staff writers – that means we can’t write up coverage on anything for you.
What We Don’t Really Love to See:
- Poetry or academic papers
- Pitches promoting products, music, books, TV shows, people or films
- Call-out pieces or other triggering content. We don’t peddle in trauma porn.
- Reviews or recaps of TV shows, films or books
- Event or fashion coverage
- Hot takes on current events or news
- Anything written by cis men
- Stories that have been published online elsewhere
We have top editors available to help refine final submitted pieces, if necessary. In the Salty spirit of authenticity, we do our best to assign top editors to articles written by authors of similar lived experiences.
You should hear if your pitch is approved or rejected within a week of submission. We are seriously under resourced so please be patient!
Stay Salty, babes 😉
- By submitting any photo, text, or other content or information to Salty, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo, text, or other content or information does not infringe on any copyright or trademark, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to transfer the photo, text, or other content or information to Salty free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that Salty shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any photo, text, or content or other information submitted by you.